The Salkantay Trek is a popular trail which is a popular trail that is about 46 miles in length along with a maximum elevation of 15,090 feet. You will require to keep about six days in your hand to complete the entire trek. There are about 50 to 100 trekkers each day taking this trek. The most unique factor of this trek is its uniqueness. Also, you can witness some amazing scenic beauty along the route of this trek.
There are several ways in which you can prepare yourself for Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu. This is beneficial as you can easily overcome the challenges that you will be facing along the route. Furthermore, there are several prerequisites that you should fulfil to stand eligible for the trek. If you are a first-time trekker, it can get more challenging for you. Hence, you can take some additional tips for the same.
Keep reading to know how you can efficiently prepare for this trek.
Ways To Prepare Yourself For Salkantay Trek To Machu Picchu
Below are some ways in which you can prepare yourself for Salkantay Trekking:
- Practice Hiking At Home To Train Yourself: You can conduct some local hiking trips to get used to the process. Also, it will give you some idea regarding the challenges that you are likely to face and the steps that you can take to overcome them.
- Exercise Regularly To Strengthen Your Muscles: You must do plenty of strength and cardio to strengthen your body muscles. This is going to immensely benefit you during your trek.
- Hike On Small Hills For Training: You can also practice by starting to hike on a small hill as a part of our training. This will give you a sufficient idea about the ways in which you can hike on challenging routes.
- Try To Maintain A Balanced Diet: Maintaining a balanced diet helps you to supply your body with essential nutrients that would help you in staying fit. Also, this helps to keep your body weight in check which is essential for trekking.
- Practice Walking Using Walking Poles: Walking on poles can give an idea regarding how to perfectly manage your body weight. Thus you can gain sufficient expertise in this trek without any difficulty.
- Walk With A Bag Pack To Train Yourself: During your treks, you will have to carry your bag packs continuously. Hence, it becomes mandatory to practice it beforehand so that you do not get much tired.
There are several physical requirements that you will need to fulfil to stand eligible for this trek and complete it smoothly.
Essential Physical Requirements For Salkantay Trekking
Below Are Some Crucial Physical Requirements That Are Necessary For This Trek:
- Strong Leg Muscles: This is essential as the routes are quite uneven and steep. Hence, it becomes mandatory to have strong leg muscles such that you can easily walk over long distances without getting tired.
- Emotional And Physical Well-Being: It is imperative to be physically and emotionally strong such that you can boldly face all the challenges in your route. This will ensure that you can successfully complete your trek.
- Devoid Of Health Issues: You should ensure that you do not have any severe heart or breathing problems prior to the trek. Otherwise, it can get challenging enough to complete your trek.
- Having A Healthy Body Weight: Increased body weight can pose a roadblock successfully completing your trek. So, it becomes mandatory that you keep a check on your food habits.
Additionally, you must keep some extra things in mind in case you are going on this trek for the first time.
Things To Keep In Mind Before The First Time Salkantay Trekking
Below are some essential things that you will need to keep in mind if you are trekking for the first time.
- Avoid hiking alone if it is your first time.
- Always carry a map and compasses.
- Go for a thorough medical checkup beforehand.
- Keep the bag pack as light as you can.
Moreover, you should be completely aware of the itinerary of this trek.
Itinerary of Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
The itinerary of this trek is as follows:
- Day 1: Cusco – Mollepate – Soraypampa – Salkantaypampa
- Day 2: Salkantaypampa – Soyrococha – Abra Salkantay, El Passo – Huaracmachay – Colpapampa
- Day 3: Collpapampa – Lucmabamba
- Day 4: Lucmabamba – Hidroelectrica – Machu Picchu Village
- Day 5: Machu Picchu Village – Machu Picchu – Cusco
You can go on Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu all year round. Nonetheless, the best time would be to do so in the drier months between April to December. Also, you should ensure to select the best tour company for this trek to get an amazing experience. Read More Blogs Click Here….